Diplopundit Forums
Calendar Latest Topics

Note: This topic is locked. No new replies will be accepted.

Author   Comment  
Unregistered
Reply with quote  #1 
The reviews on this site are supposed to be totally anonymous but Mr. Edwards knows who wrote everyone.  That gives him leverage in his official capacity with the Department of State when dealing with colleagues who might have writtten something they thought was anonymous.  
MP
Reply with quote  #2 
If the culture of the Department is that bosses will retaliate against an employee for providing honest feedback, then State has a lot bigger issues to deal with than this website.  This basically invalidates any 360 review ever conducted.
domani spero

Administrator
Reply with quote  #3 
I see your point about bigger issues in case of retaliation but the original question, if I'm reading this correctly is basically asking about the leverage that you (or whoever is the site admin) get from knowing who wrote what about whom in the site. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP
If the culture of the Department is that bosses will retaliate against an employee for providing honest feedback, then State has a lot bigger issues to deal with than this website.  This basically invalidates any 360 review ever conducted.
Unregistered
Reply with quote  #4 
If I'm sent a 360 for someone that I really don't like, and there are a few of those, I'll spoil it with a neutral rating all around or not answering.  

Sad to say, though, that the Department has a big problem on its hands with managers who try to retaliate and/or abuse others. There needs to be a powerful mechanism which will come down on abusers like a ton of bricks, as would often happen in the private sector. Otherwise, the Department is merely condoning and perpetuating destructive behaviors. That, in turn, saps morale, leading to lower productivity, etc, etc.  
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.