Diplopundit Forums
Calendar Latest Topics

Note: This topic is locked. No new replies will be accepted.

Author   Comment  
Unregistered
Reply with quote  #1 

You have initiative and I applaud that but why? You must know that this is risky to your career especially since people now know who you are.  Also you are building this for the FS but this will not necessarily be appreciated by the people in the service. Again why build the website?
MP
Reply with quote  #2 
Simply, because I felt there was a need.  Interestingly, I am not the only one.  Shortly after my site went public, I got an email from another Department employee who had a similar site in beta.    Here is the answer to the why question from the FAQ:

Why this site?

This simple answer is because there was a need. We all have corridor reputations for better or for worse. Knowing how you are viewed by your colleagues, subordinates and supervisors can be a powerful tool bettering your own leadership skills. I have also found that working for great people enhances one's own career. The challenge is often knowing who those people are and hopefully this site makes that easier.

domani spero

Administrator
Reply with quote  #3 
Mark, instead of using the default "unregistered" you might want to use "MP" so readers can easily tell that this is your response to the questions. Thanks -- DS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered
Simply, because I felt there was a need.  Interestingly, I am not the only one.  Shortly after my site went public, I got an email from another Department employee who had a similar site in beta.    Here is the answer to the why question from the FAQ:

Why this site?

This simple answer is because there was a need. We all have corridor reputations for better or for worse. Knowing how you are viewed by your colleagues, subordinates and supervisors can be a powerful tool bettering your own leadership skills. I have also found that working for great people enhances one's own career. The challenge is often knowing who those people are and hopefully this site makes that easier.

domani spero

Administrator
Reply with quote  #4 
Mark, do you have a link to the full FAQ from your site?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP

Why this site?

MP
Reply with quote  #5 
http://corridorrep.com/faq
domani spero

Administrator
Reply with quote  #6 
The FAQ is currently accessible only to those who are already registered.  Might you consider adding a public version of the FAQ that's accessible to those checking out the site and have not registered yet? 
Unregistered
Reply with quote  #7 
A non public far shows how half baked this idea is
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: